Home Business A man is seriously injured after an explosion at the Australian Diving...

A man is seriously injured after an explosion at the Australian Diving Instruction dive shop in Geelong


A man has been seriously injured in a massive explosion at a dive shop in south-east Victoria.

Authorities believe the incident was caused by a compression bottle that exploded while being filled inside Australian Diving Instruction Melbourne Rd, Geelong on Wednesday.

A loud explosion occurred around 5:15 p.m. and was so powerful that it blew out the windows of the building, which was closed at the time of the explosion.

Emergency services quickly arrived at the scene, secured the area and treated a man in his 30s for about an hour.

He was then airlifted to a Melbourne hospital with serious leg injuries.

WorkSafe has been notified and is investigating the incident.

Originally published as A man is seriously injured as a result of an explosion in a diving shop


Previous articleJobs at McDonald’s: Macca’s is hiring 14,150 new staff across Australia
Next articleKourtney Kardashian sleeps with daughter Penelope, dividing fans