When Prince Harry announced last year that he was writing what his publisher called “intimate and heartfelt memoirs,” all royal observers agreed.
It had to be controversial.
Just four months after his grandiose interview with Oprah Winfrey and his wife Megan, Duchess of Sussex, 40, which made world news amid allegations that the royal family was racist, that he felt trapped in royal life and that he ‘I cut it off financially. and took away his guard.
The 37-year-old duke then appeared in a series of documentaries on mental health at Apple + and talked about his relationship with his father and the royal family.
Announcing his memoirsfrom Penguin Random House, amid great fanfare on July 20, Harry said he would “write it not as the prince I was born, but as the man I became.”
He said that in the future he “will never be silenced”.
It now seems that the celebrations of the platinum anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II are just around the corner from June 2, The Sunday Times showed that the date of publication is a “mystery.”
Harry’s memoirs are gone.
Royal editor Roy Nikha said the publisher’s spokesman did not confirm whether the book would appear this year as planned.
“A similar reaction was caused by the approach to spokesman Harry, and another source said that there was” some uncertainty “about the date of publication of the book,” she wrote on Sunday.
Royal biographer Angela Levin, who writes Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, from outcast to future queen-wife, brought out on social media to repeat the feelings of many.
“Does his feet freeze?
“Or M [Meghan] do you think it was open enough? Does H want to wait after the anniversary to make sure he has enough shots Netflix?
Random House said at the time:
“Prince Harry will for the first time share the final story of the experiences, adventures, losses and life lessons that helped him form.
“Covering his life in the eyes of the public from childhood to the present day, including devotion to service, military service, which twice brought him to the forefront in Afghanistan, and the joy he found in being a husband and father.
“Prince Harry offers an honest and exciting personal portrait that shows readers that behind everything they think they know lies an inspiring, courageous and sublime human story.”
The Random House said the financial terms were not disclosed, but Prince Harry is donating the proceeds to charity.
Journal editor and author Palace documents, Tina Brown, told 60 minutes on Sunday night, his family was “embarrassed” by the fact that for those who wanted to run away from the media, Prince Harry was ready to “talk about everything in his head.”
“I think it’s very destructive,” she said.
Royal expert Penny Junor said: “Publishers want a lot for their money, for example, to call this so-called racist.”
It is reported that Prince Harry has received an advance of £ 15 million ($ 26.5 million) to write an untitled memoir to be published in late 2022.
London tabloid The sun reported that the dollar figure was much higher, including four books – including a recovery guide written by Ms. Markle – under a contract with publishers.
“He is researching his mother’s life, so he will talk about his parents’ marriage, breakup, novels.
“It can be incredibly harmful for his father and Camilla. Charles will be king and Camilla will be his queen.
“The last thing they or the country needs is another outburst of anger based on what I think are false, false accusations,” Junor was quoted as saying. The sun.
Harry and Megan have confirmed that they will attend the anniversary
The four-day event begins on June 2 with the annual Trooping the Color military parade in central London, followed by thanksgiving services at St. Paul’s Cathedral, a concert at Buckingham Palace and a competition in the British capital in the coming days.
One of the features of all major royal events is the gathering of the royal family to wave to the crowd from the balcony of the palace.
But the Queen decided that neither her son Prince Andrew nor her grandson Prince Harry would be there this time.
“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided that this year’s traditional view of the Trooping the Color балко balcony will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently performing official state duties on behalf of the Queen,” a palace spokesman said.
There has been much speculation in the British press about whether Harry, who was at loggerheads with the government over security measures due to which he missed the memorial service of his grandfather, Prince Philip in March, will return for the anniversary.
His spokesman confirmed that he would be there with Megan and their two children, son Archie and daughter Lillibet, who was named after the queen.
This will be Lilibeth’s first visit to Britain, and the first time Archie’s son has returned since Harry and Megan sensationally resigned from the royal family and left the country in March 2020.
The Duchess of Sussex has indeed joined her husband on an unexpected visit to Britain – her first in more than two years – to see the Queen last month.
The Sussex were “excited and proud” to attend the anniversary events, their spokesman said in a statement.
A source at the palace said that Harry, Megan and his children remain “favorite family members” and that those who are absent from the balcony “will be invited to the event«.
– with AAP