- Alvo Minerals (ALV) is set to launch the first recirculation drilling program (RC) on its Volcanic Massive Sulfide (VMS) project in Palma, Brazil in the coming days
- Servdrill has been contracted to conduct 4,000 meters of RC drilling for the original C3 VMS target and supergene mineralization
- After drilling at C3, the installation will move to C1 Avenue to target VMS shallow mineralization, where observations indicate less weathering
- Sampling is also carried out on C3, which will result in the second phase of diamond drilling
- Alvo Minerals rose 6.38 percent and shares traded 25 cents at 1:52 p.m. AEST
Alvo Minerals (ALV) is set to launch the first recirculation drilling program (RC) on its Volcanic Massive Sulfide (VMS) project in Brazil in the coming days.
Servdrill has been contracted to conduct 4,000 meters of RC drilling for the original purpose of C3 VMS and supergenic mineralization.
Drilling will aim to expand the known high-quality mineralization to the north, south and west.
Upon completion of drilling at C3, the rig will move to C1 Avenue to target the shallow mineralization of the VMS, where observations indicate less weathering.
Because C1 is less weathered, the rig will be able to quickly and efficiently target mineralization.
Alvo expects to receive results three to five weeks after drilling.
“On C3 to date, the focus has been on diamond drilling to upgrade the historic resource, and the results have been impressive. We are now stepping up our efforts to promote high-quality mineralization, ”said Rob Smackman, Managing Director.
“An RC drilling rig will soon be launched to expand the VMS impact limits
mineralization, and to test for potential small-scale supergenic mineralization first detected during the first drilling phase ”.
In addition, C3 is conducting a sampling program, samples of which will be sent to the laboratory in the coming weeks.
Based on the results of this sampling, a second phase of diamond drilling will be conducted with an emphasis on the additional objectives identified in the previous work.
Alvo Minerals rose 6.38 percent and the stock traded 25 cents at 13:52 on the Eastern European standard.