- Ardea Resources (ARL) confirms high-quality superficial nickel-cobalt mineralization at the Goongarrie South deposit in WA
- Ardea completed drilling last year to support metallurgical work ahead of the final feasibility study (DFS) for the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project
- The company says drilling results confirm the mineralization patterns used for MRE, and confirm individual zones of shear and rock change
- Metallurgical testing is ongoing and the results will be used to optimize resources and mining research as part of DFS work
- ARL shares ended trading at a stable level of $ 1.05
Ardea Resources (ARL) has confirmed high-quality superficial nickel-cobalt mineralization by drilling at the Goongarrie South field in Western Australia.
The eight-well diamond drilling program was completed late last year and aimed to create ore mineralization for metallurgical programs prior to the final feasibility study (DFS) for the Kalgoorlie Nickel Project (KNP).
The results include 26 meters with 1.33 percent nickel and 0.029 percent cobalt out of 22 meters, including 20 meters with 1.53 percent nickel and 0.034 percent cobalt out of 28 meters in AGSD0032.
Additional results: 38 meters with 1.21 percent nickel and 0.087 percent cobalt with 66 meters in AGSD0034.
According to the company, the results confirm the mineralization patterns used to create the Southern Gungarri Resource Assessment (MRE).
Ardea also said drilling has confirmed isolated zones of shear and alteration of native rocks along with alkaline intrusions that cause deep weathering with thick, high-quality nickel mineralization in the south of the Gungar.
«[Drilling] was important to confirm the expectation that high-quality goethite-nickel-cobalt mineralization will be in a deeply weathered “V-shaped” structure on
Goongarrie South, ”said managing director Andrew Penketman.
“Once the unique geological model of Goongarrie has been reaffirmed, we continue to await the results of the ALS metallurgy scale from Highway, as a control for the Goongarrie pending program.”
The company’s ultimate goal is to improve the KNP-Goongarrie project center as a globally significant supplier of sustainable nickel-cobalt for the lithium-ion battery sector.
Shares of ARL ended trading at a stable level of $ 1.05.