Home Sports Cobre (ASX:CBE) confirms ‘significant’ copper mineralization at Ngami project, Botswana – The...

Cobre (ASX:CBE) confirms ‘significant’ copper mineralization at Ngami project, Botswana – The Market Herald

18
0

Sign up

Be the first with news that moves the market

  • Cobre (CBE) Confirms ‘Significant’ Copper Mineralization at Ngami Copper Project (NCP) in Botswana’s Kalahari Copper Belt
  • The company has drilled results from the first three holes of its current program on the NCP Kalahari Metals licences, which returned results of 4.4 meters at two percent copper and 25 g/t silver
  • Cobre says the assays confirm his visual assessments of anomalous copper mineralization, with one hole proving the potential for an economic concentration of mineralization
  • The company says it will now focus on completing a 500m lateral drilling program along the target, which continues to produce “encouraging” results
  • Cobre last traded at 30.5 cents on September 20

Cobre (CBE) has confirmed “significant” copper mineralization at the Ngami Copper Project (NCP) in Botswana’s Kalahari Copper Belt.

The company has received drilling results from the first three wells of its ongoing NCP Kalahari Metals license program. Cobre owns 75.5% of Kalahari Metals and has the right to acquire the remaining 24.5% of the company.

Recent drilling returned results including 10.7 meters at 1.3 percent copper and 18 grams per tonne (g/t) silver from 136.2 meters, including 4.4 meters at two percent copper and 25 g /t of silver.

Cobre said the assay results confirmed his visual assessments of anomalous copper mineralization in the area, with one hole proving the potential for an economic concentration of mineralization.

The company also noted that the copper mineralization consists mainly of chalcosite, which is considered ideal for beneficiation.

“These results add weight to our confidence that this area is potentially the site of one of the next major copper areas and provide further validation of our current exploration methodology,” said Cobre Executive Chairman and Managing Director Martin Holland.

“The program has now been significantly expanded as we begin drilling new high-grade zones across a wide range to include new targets in this new area.”

The company said it will now turn its attention to completing a 500m lateral drilling program along the target, which continues to produce “encouraging” results.

Cobre will also undertake further drilling to identify potential high grade zones within the target.

Cobre last traded at 30.5 cents on September 20.

https://themarketherald.com.au/cobre-asxcbe-confirms-significant-copper-mineralisation-at-ngami-project-botswana-2022-09-21/

Previous articleSearch after stairwell injury in Werrington
Next articleEngland duty still worries Jordan Henderson despite his advanced years | England