- Golden Rim Resources (GMR) highlights native gold anomalies at the Bereko prospect at its Kada project in Guinea
- The two main anomalies include the West Anomaly, which extends 2.3 kilometers and returned a peak gold value of 960 parts per billion gold.
- The East Anomaly consists of three zones with the North Zone Anomaly extending 1.2 kilometers and yielding up to 580 ppb gold
- GMR plans to use these results, as well as the results of the RC drilling and geophysical work, to plan future exploration at Kada
- Shares in Golden Rim ended the day down 7.69 percent to close at six cents
Golden Rim Resources (GMR) has received results from auger drilling at the Kali project in Guinea.
All assays have now come from a 218-hole drill program completed on the Berek prospect, located seven kilometers north of the Masson prospect, with 930,000 oz.
The purpose of the drilling was to penetrate the shallow laterite casing to sample weathered bedrock in each borehole.
Recent auger results include 390 parts per billion (ppb) gold, 700 ppb gold and 960 ppb gold. The company said these results confirm a series of bedrock anomalies in a north-south direction at Bereko for 5.5 kilometers.
The two main and most extensive auger anomalies found are the West and East Anomalies. The western anomaly extends 2.3 kilometers at Bereko with peak auger results of 960 and 830 ppb gold.
The Eastern Anomaly appears to include northern, central, and southern zones, with a highly coherent anomaly in the northern zone extending 1.2 kilometers. This anomaly produced a peak value of 580 ppb gold.
Auger anomalies extend from areas where recent reverse circulation (RC) drilling has identified high-grade and/or extensive zones of gold oxide mineralization.
Previous RC results included 11 meters at 6.3 grams per tonne (g/t) gold, 10 meters at 5.6 g/t gold and 27 meters at 1.2 g/t gold.
The company plans to use the results of RC and auger drilling, as well as ongoing geophysical surveys, to develop future exploration programs at Cali. This work will include follow-up drilling at Bereko and around the mineral resource area at Massan.
Shares in Golden Rim ended the day down 7.69 percent to close at six cents.