Home Entertainment Harry and Megan were invited to the Queen’s party – but not...

Harry and Megan were invited to the Queen’s party – but not to the palace balcony

88
0

To live

Prince Harry and Megan Markle will travel to Britain with their young children to help celebrate the Queen’s platinum anniversary next month – but the couple along with Prince Andrew have not been invited to join the monarch on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

In February, the 96-year-old British monarch, who has long ruled the throne, celebrated seven decades.

Four days of platinum jubilee events dedicated to the recognition of the landmark are scheduled across the UK for the long weekend from 2 to 5 June.

They will begin with the annual Trooping the Color military parade in central London on June 2, after which the royal family will traditionally appear on the balcony, expected to be in front of a crowd of thousands.

The queen will be joined by three of her children – Prince Charles, Prince Edward and Princess Anne. Harry’s brother Prince William and wife Kate Middleton are expected with their children along with other royal relatives.

There were many opinions as to whether the Sussex of California and his son Prince Andrew would be among them. On Saturday (Australian time), Buckingham Palace said the Queen had decided to limit the crowd to a “working royal person”.

“After careful consideration, the Queen has decided that this year’s traditional view of the Trooping the Color балко balcony will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently performing official state duties on behalf of the Queen,” a palace spokesman said.

This means that up to 20 members of the extended royal family will be missed – including Andrew, the queen’s second son. His shares fell sharply after he upheld a U.S. lawsuit in February in which he was accused of sexually assaulting Virginia Juffre when she was a teenager.

He has already resigned from public office because of his ties to the late U.S.-convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and has been stripped of military titles and royal patronage and is no longer known as “His Royal Highness.”

Harry, the youngest son of Prince Charles ’heir, also relinquished royal duties and lost patronage after he and his wife from the US Megan moved to Los Angeles, from where they delivered to the royal family disgusting and accusations of racism.

Harry was also in a long-running dispute with the British government over security measures. In March, he missed a memorial service for his grandfather, Prince Philip, but will return for the anniversary celebrations.

His spokesman confirmed that he would be there with Megan and their two children, son Archie (he had just turned three) and daughter Lillibet. June 4 is the first birthday of a little girl who was given the nickname of the Queen as a child.

This will be Lilibeth’s first visit to Britain, and the first time Archie’s son has returned since Harry and Megan sensationally resigned from the royal family and left the country in March 2020.

The Duchess of Sussex has indeed joined her husband on an unexpected visit to Britain – her first in more than two years – to see the Queen last month.

The Sussex were “excited and proud” to attend the anniversary events, their spokesman said in a statement.

A source at the palace said that Harry, Megan and his children remain “very favorite family members” and that those who are absent from the balcony “will be invited to the event.”

The remaining long weekends will include a Thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral, a concert near Buckingham Palace and a competition in the British capital in the coming days.

However, the appearance of the guest of honor at all events remains questionable. The Queen, who celebrated her 96th birthday two weeks ago, is struggling with mobility issues, and most of her recent public appearances have had to be canceled.

This was confirmed at the palace on Friday she will not be attending any of this year’s official garden parties – the first, scheduled after a two-year break for a pandemic.

Buckingham Palace said the monarch really planned to attend some of the platinum anniversary events.

“Her Majesty is looking forward to the weekend and will take part in the festivities, but her presence will not be confirmed until it is close to the time or even the day itself,” the spokesman said.

– with AAP

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/royal/2022/05/07/harry-meghan-balcony-platinum/

Previous articleScience Meets Parliament 2022: Day Five
Next articleWhy so much of the world won’t stand up to Russia