Australian vaccination numbers:
* As of Sunday, 56,220,153 doses of the vaccine had been administered in the national release against COVID-19, including 30,417 recorded in the previous 24 hours.
* Of this total, 35,538,218 were under the control of the Commonwealth facilities, which is 12,722 more than the previous 24 hours.
* State and territorial institutions introduced 20,681,935 vaccines, which is 17,695 more than the previous 24 hours.
* More than 95 percent of people 16 years of age and older have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine and more than 95 percent have been vaccinated twice.
* A total of 12,760,939 people received more than two doses – by booster or additional injection – in the last 24 hours by 11,602.
AUSTRALIAN LIMES OF CORANAVIRUS:
* 46,888 new cases: 16,199 in New Wales, 8,739 in Victoria, 7,816 in Queensland, 7,288 in Western Australia, 4,140 in South Australia, 1,726 in Tasmania, 701 in ACT and 279 in the Northern Territory.
* The national death toll is 5895 (+6): NSW 2059 (+3), Victoria 2727, Queensland 718, South Australia 256 (+3), ACT 39, NT 33, Tasmania 29 and WA 36. (Two Queenslanders who deaths in NSW were included in the official collections of both states).
GLOBAL CORANEVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 480,905,839
* Death: at least 6,123,493
* Vaccine doses administered: 10,880,152,202
Data as of 5:30 p.m. AEDT on March 28, including updates from the federal and state government, as well as data from the John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.