Home Business Lynette Dawson spoke of her husband’s rage, says Patricia Jenkins

Lynette Dawson spoke of her husband’s rage, says Patricia Jenkins


Chris and Lynette Dawson at their wedding in 1970.

Asked by Crown Attorney Craig Everson, SC, about her sister’s plans for Christmas, Jenkins ’voice trembled, and she said she was“ a little upset ”.

Lynette planned to give the girls a cozy home and “didn’t want to disappoint them,” but expressed concern about how she would handle the finances, she said.

Asked if they had ever discussed Dawson’s health, Jenkins said Lynette had described that he had “confused black eyes”.

“She said … he was always so mad at her all the time,” Jenkins said.

Jenkins said she last spoke to her sister on Jan. 1, 1982, when “Chris went to a yacht party” without his wife and children.

“She said they had such a boring Christmas, can he take them to the park and they can sit and watch the boats? And he said no.

Sister Jenkins learned about the disappearance in a letter from their mother Helena Sims.

In a proposed letter dated January 21, 1982, Sims wrote that she walked around the house as a “zombie” and “hoping that everything would be resolved,” but “Lynn” withdrew on January 9.

“I was with Chris in the Northbridge pool when he had his first call … he was obviously very emotional and emotional,” she wrote.


“She was very moved by the fact that Chris was leaving … right for Christmas, but Chris assures that they are‘ going well ’… but she turned on Saturday morning.

“Whether she cracked under pressure, or vindictive, or what to answer, I don’t know.”

Dawson’s lawyer Pauline David asked Jenkins if “maybe her sister has arrived at the point where she needs to rest” from the household.

“If someone just falls out of your life, a very loved one … you don’t know what to believe,” she said. “There is always a small hope that you will find it. It was a very difficult time for all of us, so it was a remote opportunity.

“To think otherwise would mean you won’t see her again, so we had to have that hope.”

Lynette’s brother, Greg Sims, said that in late 1981 his sister was on the porch of their parents’ Clovely house, and Dawson commented on his “two dear little girls.”

Asked about his wife, Dawson said, “She could end up in the bloody kitchen where she belongs,” Sims said.

He said that after the disappearance, Lynette Dawson dropped her things in “big green plastic bags”, including a bathrobe with a protocol to check sales in his pocket relative to the house in Bayview, which had his signature.

Sims said his sister had previously told him he “refuses to sign”.

Asked by David if he made up the suggestion that Dawson was “trying to do something behind Lynn,” Sims replied, “That’s wrong.”

In court, he sent a list of his sister’s dentists to the missing persons department.

Stopping to gather his emotions, he said he “ever found her” and “was not alive”.

The Crown claims that around January 8, Dawson alone or with others killed his wife and got rid of her body. The defense says he may have “failed” as a husband, but did not kill Lynette.

The trial before Judge Jan Harrison continues.

Newsletter The morning edition is our guide to the most important and interesting of the day history, analysis and understanding. Register here.


Previous articleWhy the Omicron option is not a punishment for vaccine inequality
Next articleEasyJet introduces the iconic Top Gun scene