Home Lifestyle Magnetic pupils and P-plates are bad for cars

Magnetic pupils and P-plates are bad for cars

62
0

P-plates and learner drivers have been warned that using one type of plate could cause permanent damage to their vehicles.

Although popular with learner drivers, magnetic plates are easy to remove, but can leave scratches and marks after use.

One mom shared her experience with her daughter’s magnetic plates, revealing that they left a white cast on her car after just two days.

“We had a P plate on our car for two days max and it was covered in paint,” she said on the popular Cleaning & Organizing Inspiration Australia Facebook page.

“Horrible isn’t it, and it’s only been a couple of days.”

Many magnetic plates come with warnings not to leave them on the vehicle unless needed, and that “prolonged attachment to the vehicle may cause paint damage.”

The post drew a lot of comments from other parents who didn’t know the plates could damage family cars.

“Let’s throw ours in the trash right now. I had no idea,” said one man.

“Wow, I didn’t even know this existed,” added another.

Meanwhile, others said they had similar experiences with magnetic plates, even that they “messed up” their first machines.

“If it had happened a year ago, when I was also on temporary duty. Eventually they melted into the paint. He was unhappy, – commented one.

“They didn’t have a warning on the magnetics when I used them years ago. As a result, I had two magnetic squares on my car that melted and stuck. I never took mine off.”

Originally published as ‘Don’t use them’: Warning to drivers with P-plates via magnetic plates

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/motoring/car-advice/dont-use-them-warning-to-pplate-drivers-over-magnetic-plates/news-story/d2d990b4890a28f5e370a34d4efca857

Previous articleMeghan Markle quit ‘Deal or No Deal’ after being objectified on stage and told to ‘follow’
Next articleBrittany Higgins: Bruce Lerman’s lawyer says ex-Liberal staffer’s rape claim ‘baseless’