The father of the Duchess of Sussex Thomas Markle was hospitalized after suffering a stroke.
The 77-year-old Markle planned to fly to the United Kingdom in June for the Queen’s platinum anniversary in hopes of meeting for the first time with members of the royal family and his grandchildren – Archie and Lilibet.
However, on Tuesday morning he was taken to hospital after a stroke.
Carl Larsen, who has a YouTube channel with Markle, confirmed the news to the PA news agency.
Larsen added that the retired director of photography was looking forward to a trip to the UK for the anniversary.
Markle was not present at Harry and Megan’s wedding in 2018 as he was recovering from heart surgery.
The news, first published in MailOnline, came after Markle last month announced her desire to travel to the UK for the anniversary.
Speaking to GB News from his home in Rosarito, Mexico, Markle said: “I look forward to it.
“I am going to show my respect to the Queen and make sure the Queen understands that my whole family respects the Queen and the Royal Persons.
“We admire them and want them to know that we treat them and treat England that way.”
He added that he feels he has the right to meet with his grandchildren.
Megan has been away from her father since he was accused of taking photos of paparazzi on the eve of her wedding.
He had previously said he hoped to face the duke and duchess in court as part of a libel case brought by the duchess’s half-sister.