Home Entertainment Meghan Markle, Prince Harry “uninvited” from VIP reception at Buckingham Palace

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry “uninvited” from VIP reception at Buckingham Palace

27
0

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were reportedly “uninvited” to a state reception hosted by King Charles on Sunday.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to have received an invitation earlier this week to attend a grand event at Buckingham Palace.

A meeting where foreign VIPs will meet the day before Her Majesty’s funeralmust become the greatest of world leaders in modern history.

But palace officials have reportedly insisted it is only for working royals, with aides insisting Meghan, 41, and Harry, 37, are unlikely to attend. Telegraph reports.

More than 500 heads of state and dignitaries were invited to a VIP reception hosted by King Charles III.

The dress code for the event, which will be held in the Palace’s Picture Gallery and State Rooms, is casual wear in keeping with the royal family’s official period of mourning.

A spokesman for the king said: “This is one of the last moments for Her Majesty the Queen, as opposed to the first for His Majesty.”

The confusion over whether Sussex will be there echoes what has been around Earlier this week, Harry was banned from wearing his uniform.

It was initially understood that Harry would not be allowed to wear his military colors at the vigil held by the Queen’s grandchildren on Saturday.

But in a move later described as a “one-off”, the Duke was given special permission to wear it during a 15-minute reflection period in Westminster Hall, with Prince Andrew also donning the military gear despite being stripped of his titles Heights. .

Meanwhile, Meghan and Harry will attend the Queen’s funeral separately on Monday.

King Charles will once again lead his family in the procession behind Her Majesty’s coffin as it is moved from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey.

He and his siblings will be followed by the Queen’s grandsons Peter Phillips, Duke of Sussex and Prince of Wales in a show of unity.

Meghan and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, will ride in the back of the car.

World leaders are set to arrive in London this weekend and are expected to pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth by visiting Westminster Hall, where she lies in state.

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, US President Joe Biden, French Emmanuel Macron, Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are expected.

Meanwhile, dozens of foreign royals – including Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako of Japan, King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain and King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium – will be among the 2,000 mourners at Westminster Abbey.

Buckingham Palace has been contacted for comment.

This story originally appeared on The sun and was reproduced with permission

Originally published as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “uninvited” from a VIP reception at Buckingham Palace

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-uninvited-from-vip-reception-at-buckingham-palace/news-story/0fc4a3958393025d968452089d7674a6

Previous articleSt George Illawra ​​young gun Jaden Sullivan could learn a lot from Ben Hunt, says Dragons boss Craig Young
Next articleFighting fires on the border of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan killed 24 people Kyrgyzstan