Home World Mustafa Balukh: The alleged drug lord is discussing a plea deal

Mustafa Balukh: The alleged drug lord is discussing a plea deal

162
0

The former fugitive and alleged drug lord-millionaire, who was caught while trying to escape from the police in a Mercedes parked inside a transport container, has begun discussing with authorities a potential plea deal, the court said.

Mustafa Belukh was allegedly the driving force behind an attempt to import about 900 kilograms of cocaine worth about $ 270 million into Australia.

Camera iconMustafa Belukh launched a police search while he was under a restraining order. Facebook Credit: Supplied
He was found hidden in the body of this car.  NSW Police
Camera iconHe was found hidden in the body of this car. NSW Police Credit: Supplied

The former owner of the Cervo restaurant has not made any allegations on a number of charges, including conspiracy to import commercial quantities of controlled border drugs, attempting to obstruct or curtail justice, using networked equipment to commit serious offenses and dealing with offenses. obtained by criminal means.

He was given a strict conditional bail after charges were initially filed, but police say he cut off his ankle bracelet tracking device before starting a 16-day hunt last year.

Mr Baluch, 34, was eventually caught hiding in a Mercedes body that was parked in a transport container on a truck body located on the NSW-Queensland border.

A container and a car at the scene where Mr. Balukh was re-arrested.  NSW Police
Camera iconA container and a car at the scene where Mr. Balukh was re-arrested. NSW Police Credit: Supplied

Police believe he may have planned to sail from Australia and flee to the Balkans in Europe.

Mr Baluch was taken into custody after his re-arrest and his case was briefly mentioned in Sydney’s Central Local Court on Wednesday.

No lawyer appeared on his behalf, and Mr. Balukh was also absent.

Mustafa Belukh
Camera iconMr Baluch was taken to Sydney after he was extradited from Queensland after a dramatic arrest. Richard Dobson Credit: News Corp Australia

Judge Allison Winnie said a letter had been received from Mr. Balukh’s legal representative, who asked to adjourn the case again until another plea hearing took place.

“It has now been added to the list for conclusion three times since the case conference, and I still receive e-mails from the defense stating that this is another conference in the case,” Ms. Winnie told the court.

“At some point it should end.

“I direct the defense attorney to be present at the next case.”

The prosecutor, who was present in court, told Ms. Winnie that Mr. Balukh was negotiating possible claims, and one of the reasons for delaying the case was the format in which the evidence was presented.

“There were … messages in PDF format,” the prosecutor said.

“The defense requested the same messages in Excel form.”

Mr. Balukh remains in custody, and the next hearing on the case will take place in court on June 15.

https://thewest.com.au/news/mostafa-baluch-alleged-drug-lord-discusses-plea-deal-c-6843256

Previous articleBen O’Shea: Mark McGowan made a mistake at the peak of COVID in WA and has to admit he allowed the virus to break up
Next articleFriends with money № 34: ESG myths