Home Sports Napoli cancels Ronaldo’s ties, excludes the sale of stars

Napoli cancels Ronaldo’s ties, excludes the sale of stars

43
0

Sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli has indicated that the prospect of any major arrivals or departures is slim, given that Napoli are confident they have a strong squad with the right balance.

He added that “flying with imagination” would not be Napoli’s style this season as they aim for their first Scudetto since Diego Maradona’s 1989-90 season at the club.

Ronaldo could leave Manchester United in the middle of the season if a deal can be found that satisfies all parties.

His refusal to come on as a substitute and an early exit from the stadium last week against Tottenham saw United briefly suspend him from first-team duties, although the 37-year-old has since returned to the squad and, looked set to play a role on Friday (AEDT) against Sheriff in the Europa League.

However, Ronaldo’s former side Sporting CP have ruled out a move and now Napoli, who were linked with Ronaldo in the last transfer window, are distancing themselves from a possible deal for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

Giuntoli told Mediaset: “We are very far from the market. Now we only think about everyday life, we try to constantly improve.”

Regarding Ronaldo, he said: “The January transfer market is a renovation and we don’t need to fix anything, so I really don’t think we will do anything.”

This position shows how Napoli think of their exciting, young Georgian winger Hvich Kvaratshelii, as well as striker Viktor Osikhen.

Both have fans in the Premier League, but Napoli are not averse to selling, at least for now.

Luciano Spalletti’s side lead Serie A with 29 points from 11 games and have also won five of their five Champions League group games with a 3-0 win over Rangers.

“Quartachelia is doing well, as are many others, and is absolutely non-transferable,” Giuntoli said.

According to Giuntoli, club president Aurelio De Laurentiis strongly supports the football staff’s plans to shape the team for success.

“The president is very happy with what we’re doing, but like all of us, he’s grounded,” Giuntoli said.

“Football consists of balance, we should not fly with imagination. We are interested in opening our borders.

“Our prerogative has always been to move using our heads, both out and in, and I think sometimes more, sometimes less, we’ve always managed to build a competitive team. We don’t do anything without hearing the coach.”

https://www.beinsports.com/au/serie-a/news/in-3/1976173

Previous articlePower Nickel Increases Previously Announced Non-Brokered Private Placement by C$300,000
Next articleIranian security forces reportedly opened fire as thousands mourned Mahsa Amini