Home Entertainment Pre-crash scenes filmed in Paris for The Crown

Pre-crash scenes filmed in Paris for The Crown

47
0

to live

Pictures have been released which reportedly show Crown filming of scenes showing what happened before the car crash that killed Diana, Princess of Wales.

In its sixth series, Netflix’s royal drama will tell the story of Diana’s death in Paris, which shocked the world 25 years ago.

The broadcaster previously said the series would show the road to the fatal accident and its aftermath, but not the crash itself, contrary to media reports.

Images published in Daily Mail on Thursday, reportedly showing a black Mercedes similar to the one the late princess was riding in, which was filmed before the accident.

Diana was murdered at the age of 36 along with Dodi Fayed and chauffeur Henri Paul in the Pont de l’Alma tunnel in August 1997.

Earlier this month, Netflix put a disclaimer in the description of its YouTube trailer for episode five Crownstating that the series is a “fictional production” and “inspired by real events”.

Dame Judi Dench and former British Prime Minister John Major have both criticized storylines in the upcoming series, which starts on November 9.

Stage and screen veteran Dame Judy called for a caveat to be added to each series Crownstating that it was beginning to amount to “gross sensationalism”.

Series five is expected to see Charles, played by Dominic West, interrupting his holiday with Diana, played by Elizabeth Debicki, to have a secret meeting with Sir John at Highgrove in 1991.

The teaser clip for the upcoming series also features the infamous Panorama an interview with former BBC journalist Martin Bashir performed by Prasana Puvanaraj.

Last year, Lord Dyson’s report concluded that the BBC had covered up Bashir’s “deceptive behaviour” in order to get the stunning interview, leading to the then Duke of Cambridge calling for it never to be shown again.

The BBC previously apologized for the circumstances in which the interview was obtained, and £1.42 million ($2.54 million) in proceeds from the sale of the footage was donated to seven charities.

PA News understands that the interview has not been replayed in its entirety, and there were no plans to do so.

Netflix has previously stated that it included Diana and Bashir’s interview in the series, given the pivotal role it played in the period, and that the series will reflect what is now known about how it was received.

Press secretary Crown also previously said: “Crown was always presented as a drama based on historical events.

“Series five is a fictional re-enactment of what might have gone on behind closed doors during a momentous decade for the royal family that has already been scrutinized and well-documented by journalists, biographers and historians.”

– PA

https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/2022/10/27/diana-crash-the-crown/

Previous articleCassius Turvey was allegedly killed in a case of mistaken identity
Next articleTesla under criminal investigation in US over self-driving claims – report