1. Company name: Coinstash
2. Website: www.coinstash.com
3. Key employees and ranks: Ting Wang (CEO), Mena Theodora (CTO), Simon Ho (CEO), Andreas Andersen (CMO)
4. Place (s): Brisbane, Australia
5. In one sentence, what does your fintech do?: Coinstash is a reliable gateway for Australians to access the crypto world.
6. How / why did you set up your fintech company?: In 2017, during the cryptocurrency run, we realized that many cryptocurrencies in Australia do not offer the best customer experience, they also lacked the trust and support of customers. We started working on our own exchange in 2018 and launched it in 2019. We aim to be a platform for Australians who can do everything related to crypto, from crypto trading to earning on their crypto.
7. What is the best thing your company has achieved or learned along the way (this may include rewards, raising capital, etc.)?: We raised $ 2.8 million from more than 1,400 investors back in 2021. Since then, we have registered 20,000 customers and launched our Coinstash Earn product, which allows Australians to profit from their crypto.
8. What advice would you give to novice beginners?: Get your hands dirty, do hard work and be fussy.
9. What’s next for your company? And do you want to expand overseas or focus on Australia?A: We are considering expanding in Singapore as well as issuing our own token.
10. What other fintech companies or companies do you enjoy?A: We admire Australian companies that are able to influence the global arena, such as Immutable X, Canva and Go1.
11. What is the most interesting or funny moment in the life of your company?: Thanks to the crypto-run in 2017, we became a startup that remained profitable from day one. We were lucky that for the first 12 months there was no financial pressure, which is crucial to the startup’s success.