Science and Technology The President of Australia Professor Mark Hutchinson has been appointed for expansion Advisory Committee of the Australian Research Council.
The committee was appointed by Acting Secretary of Education Stuart Robert.
His role will be to provide understanding and advice to Acting ARC Director General Judy Zilke on the strategic agenda and functions of the organization.
Professor Hutchinson is one of Australia’s leading researchers, expert in commercializing research and a pioneer of science from bench to meeting room.
In addition to being the President of the STA, he is the Director of the ARC Center of Excellence for Nanoscale Biophotonics and a future ARC member at the University of Adelaide.
The committee consists of senior scientific and industry leaders.
Its members are:
- Professor Chris Moran FTSEVice-Rector for Research, University of Curtin (Chair)
- Dr. Mirjana PritsaManaging Director of Food Innovation Australia Limited
- Professor Michelle Simmons JSCDirector of the ARC Center for Excellence for Quantum Computing and Communication Technology, University of New South Wales
- Professor Mark HutchinsonPresident, Science and Technology of Australia and Director of the ARC Center of Excellence for Nanoscale Biophotonics, University of Adelaide
- Professor Calum Drummond ATVice-Rector for Research and Innovation and Vice President of RMIT University
- Dear Professor Maggie WalterCommissioner of the Yorruk Justice Commission, Victoria
- Mr. Mark MackenzieDirector of the Council of Small Business Organizations of Australia
- Professor Deborah Terry JSCVice Chancellor and President of the University of Queensland
- Mr. Tony Cook PSMDeputy Secretary (ex officio representative of the Department of Education, Qualifications and Employment)
- Mr. David WilliamsonDeputy Secretary (ex officio representative of the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources)
The Committee will strengthen the governance of the ARC and support reforms to ensure that its grant programs are in line with the objectives for the sector and are in line with key priorities.
Media contact: Martin Pierce, STA: 0432 606 828